The chief pang of most trials is not so much the actual suffering itself as our own spirit of resistance to it. -- Jean Nicolas Grou
Thank you for your patience with me as I neglected my blog during the most trying of times. I know the whole purpose of a blog is for a person to give a running commentary on what they're going through in life in the hope that someone else may either be entertained by it or learn from it.
I guess I just couldn't find spiritual words to say as I was holding on for dear life. I'm sure the Lord meant for me to share so my own trial could be a benefit to others who read my thoughts, and what I was learning. But the above quote speaks volumes---I had a spirit of resistance to my trial. Its amazing what comes out of us when we are squeezed! I entertained thoughts of not deserving what was happening, of disappointment with what God was allowing---doubt and disbelief---UGG! My trial isn't over, but Easter Week has brought me to an awareness that Jesus left me a perfect path to follow through times of trial:
- Deal only in truth when someone close to you speak lies.
- Pray and ask for deliverance, but end with "Thy will not mine be done."
- Realize the enemy has no power over you other than that which is given from above.
- Remember there is a high purpose for what my Father is allowing me to go through.
- Consider the needs of others and don't focus on your own suffering.
- Commit yourself into the Father's hands.
May your Holy Week end in a glorious Resurrection!