Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Spirit of Resistance

The chief pang of most trials is not so much the actual suffering itself as our own spirit of resistance to it. -- Jean Nicolas Grou

Thank you for your patience with me as I neglected my blog during the most trying of times.  I know the whole purpose of a blog is for a person to give a running commentary on what they're going through in life in the hope that someone else may either be entertained by it or learn from it.


I guess I just couldn't find spiritual words to say as I was holding on for dear life.  I'm sure the Lord meant for me to share so my own trial could be a benefit to others who read my thoughts, and what I was learning.  But the above quote speaks volumes---I had a spirit of resistance to my trial.  Its amazing what comes out of us when we are squeezed! I entertained thoughts of not deserving what was happening, of disappointment with what God was allowing---doubt and disbelief---UGG!  My trial isn't over, but Easter Week has brought me to an awareness that Jesus left me a perfect path to follow through times of trial:

  • Deal only in truth when someone close to you speak lies. 
  • Pray and ask for deliverance, but end with "Thy will not mine be done."  
  • Realize the enemy has no power over you other than that which is given from above. 
  • Remember there is a high purpose for what my Father is allowing me to go through. 
  • Forgive.  
  • Consider the needs of others and don't focus on your own suffering.  
  • Commit yourself into the Father's hands.

May your Holy Week end in a glorious Resurrection!

3 comments:

  1. There you are! Missed you sweet lady. Thank you for sharing and I know you'll have a glorious Easter! To Him be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I can relate with what you are saying. It brings to mind, the 23rd Psalm. Yea though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me. Your rod and your staff they comfort me. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Those words are so comforting to me. My hard times have had blessings and blessings along the way to keep me going. Some of the biggest blessings have come thru my ministering to others and forgetting about myself. The Lord is taking care of me and walking with me every step of the way even though it sometimes feels like I am alone. During those times the Lord sends a beautiful sister in the Lord into my path with a phone call or an invitation to lunch. The Lord knows exactly what He is doing in my life. I have a new appreciation for those in need and also new sins to have to look at and confess. Covetousness was something I really never had to deal with but now I start to imagine myself in everyone else's home or family. Sounds pathetic!!?? Sounds crazy!! This is part of the Lord's plan for my growth. I am growing and dealing with the things the Lord has chosen for me. Very different things in my life! I wonder why......only God knows why I have to deal with this. I am so blessed to have Him and a sense of humor!! Thank you Lord for all that you are teaching me. Maybe someday I will know the reason why!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Patty,

    It seems like I don't realize I'm resisting circumstances or trials that the Lord has allowed. But the Lord has a way of revealing to me that I'm failing to trust Him.

    Thank you for sharing. Praying that the Lord will give you His peace even in the midst of turmoil.

    ‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. - Jeremiah 32:17

    ReplyDelete