Friday, January 6, 2012

A Bigger Circle



BOLD PRAYERS
Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers. God isn't offended by your biggest dreams and boldest prayers. He is offended by anything less. If your prayers aren't impossible to you, they are insulting to God. Why? Because they don't require divine intervention. But ask God to part the Red Sea or make the sun stand still or float an iron axhead, and God is moved to omnipotent action.

There is nothing God loves more than keeping promises, answering prayers, performing miracles, and fulfilling dreams. That is who He is. That is what He does. The bigger the circle we draw, the better, because God gets more glory. The greatest moments in life are the miraculous moments when human impotence and divine omnipotence intersect -- and they intersect when we draw a circle around the impossible situations in our lives and invite God to intervene.
-- Mark Batterson in The Circle Maker

I have some circles I need to draw around some situations in my life and I need to draw them BIG!  The above devotion had a profound affect on me as it refreshed my faith in what God longs to do in my life---in yours too!  I've spent way too much time looking at my situations and not enough time looking at my Situation Solver.  
 
There is nothing I desire more in life than to give God glory in all things.  What I had forgotten is contained in the statement, "Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers." Is it possible I've been ROBBING God of His glory by expecting too little from Him?  Perish the thought!  Have I hindered what He longs to do for me by asking too small?  Quite possibly! Have I offended or insulted Him by asking for far less than He is capable of? 
 
Almighty God, forgive me!  I bring You all of my impossible situations right now in full faith that You can, and WILL intervene for my good and Your glory!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Patty for sharing that. That reminder fills me with such hope at the ability of our God to handle all that concerns us with ease. May we trust Him and believe Him to answer big and bold prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post thanks for sharing...Blessings..soraya

    ReplyDelete