Thursday, December 15, 2011

God's Wings

"I will trust under the shadow of Your wings.  Psalm 61:4
There are many things in life that might cause us to be fearful.  For many right now fear of the future is a big one.  So many people have watched their life savings drop to zero.  People long past retirement age are scrambling for employment at a time when they should be enjoying the fruit of their life's labor.  The age when you can collect your full social security has been bumped from 65 to 66.  Today I read they're going to bump it even further to 67!  For those 10 years away from collecting it probably won't be there.  Thoughts like these can make me feel anxious about the future.  Fear of the future is closing in on public speaking as the number one fear in America.  Fear of losing your health isn't far behind.  

There are so many things that we can be fearful about that we really have no control over.  That's where faith comes in.  God is in control of everything, all of the time.  So when I find my stomach tightening and my heart racing I close my eyes and picture myself like one of these little birds---under the shadow of His wing.  If God is for me, who can be against me?  If He cares for the birds of the air how much more will He care for me, His child?  I love this picture of the bird sheltering its babies.  I hope you will call it to mind like I do when you begin to feel fearful, whatever the cause.  God is greater, and He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment